DMA Legislative & Government Affairs Coalitions
DMA advances and protects data-driven marketing at the legislative and regulatory levels on the Federal and state levels in the United States, as well as in Europe. We can’t do this without the support, participation and input of our members. DMA members are invited to participate in our Legislative Coalitions in the following areas of interest listed below.
Members of our Coalitions are typically marketing leaders, privacy and legal professionals and legislative affairs teams. Any employee of a member company can participate in a DMA Legislative Coalition. Most Coalitions meet monthly for one hour, in person in Washington, DC with a dial in option. Meetings are “closed door” (no public or press) and include working sessions and feedback collection on specific legislation.
- Check out our DMA Advance blog for up to the minute updates on key issues.
- See our Press Release directory for our official statements on these and other programs.
- Download Issues Briefings on various hot topics. (Members only).
- View the recording of our latest Government Affairs update (Members only).
To see if your membership qualifies and to sign up, just just email the Government Affairs department.
2014 DMA Legislative Coalitions
- The Data Protection Alliance focuses specifically on ensuring that effective regulation and legislation protects the value of the Data-Driven Marketing Economy far into the future.
- The EU Data Protection Task Force is working to shape the dialogue about proposed changes to the EU framework for data protection through advocacy on both sides of the Atlantic representing the interests of U.S. marketers.
- The Kids Privacy Coalition focuses particularly on legislative and regulatory proposals related to children’s privacy issues.
- The Postal Coalition provides a forum for information sharing and coordination on postal regulation and legislation.
- The State Legislative Affairs Coalition provides a forum for information sharing and coordination regarding the full set of issues on which DMA advocates at the state level.