Day 1: Lifecycle CRM and Business Strategy Overview 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
CRM and Database Marketing: An Introduction and Strategic Overview
- What is database marketing? How is it different from direct marketing and CRM?
- What are the key benefits?
- What are the key components of database marketing?
Strategies to Solve Key Business and Marketing Challenges
- Acquiring and building new customer relationships
- Strategies to retain, grow and monetize the customer base
- Methods to build customer loyalty
- Reactivating inactive customers
What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Their Marketing Database
- Test your knowledge: What are the different types of marketing databases?
- What are the key components of a marketing database?
- Learn about the difference types of available data and sources
- Why is accurate Customer Data Integration (CDI) critical for business success?
- Understand the key processes in database development and how they impact marketing success
Tapping into the Database with Effective Reporting, BI, Profiling, and RFM
- Test your knowledge: What is the difference between reports, queries, OLAP, BI, dashboards?
- Find out how to use reporting and BI to track, benchmark, monitor and evaluate success
- Learn how to use profiling to enhance targeting and to better communicate with your customers
- Leveraging cell-based methods to enhance targeting effectiveness: Recency, Frequency, Monetary Analysis (RFM)
Understanding the Role of Advanced Analytics in Driving Business Success
- Overview of frequently used analytic techniques and applications
- Does it make sense for you to invest in advanced analytics?
- How to use and evaluate models and analytics
- What to expect by way of gains and how to balance cost vs. ROI
Creating Winning Campaigns and Contact Strategies
- What you need to create, deploy and evaluate campaigns
- What you may not understand about contact strategy
- Why you should segment, target and manage contact strategies
- Multi-step targeting: Making it Work
- Multi-channel integration: The wave of the future
- The secrets of contact strategy optimization
- Steps to effective campaign management
Evaluating Campaign and Business Success
- Find out how testing increases response rates from campaigns
- Learn best practices in Testing and Experimental Design
- Understand statistically valid ways of setting up test cells
- From A/B testing to multivariate optimization
Collaborating with your Database, BI, Analytics and Campaign Teams
- Asking the right questions of your database group
- Requesting the right reports from the BI team
- Designing, evaluating and using analytics and predictive models to enhance success
- Structuring winning campaigns with sound testing and evaluation plans
Day 2: Analytics to Drive Strategy 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Mining the Database with Advanced Analytics: Overview
- What is data mining?
- What are the most frequently used data mining techniques?
- Test your knowledge: Statistical vs. Artificial Intelligence Techniques
- How others are applying data mining to solve problems
Identifying Segments within the Database
- Applying segmentation for enhancing relevance and personalization
- Basic concepts and types of segmentation
- What and why do marketers segment
- How to create segments using Cluster Analysis
- The role of the marketer in developing a segmentation scheme
- Real world applications: Strategic customer segmentation
Learning Classification Techniques to Leverage Marketing Opportunities
- A simple way to think about classification and CHAID
- Comparing CHAID to regression-based approaches
- Examples and applications
Using Predictive Modeling to Enhance Targeted Marketing
- Basic principles of predictive modeling
- Most frequently used types of models
- Key steps in model development
- What marketers need to know about modeling
- Comparison of modeling techniques: Regression vs. Neural Networks
- Compute the ROI on a predictive model
- Everyday applications of predictive modeling
Using Association and Sequences for Optimizing Bundles, Offers and Placement
- Basic concepts underlying Association and Sequence Analysis
- Frequently used applications: Market basket analysis/product affinity analysis
- The most important things to understand about product affinity analysis
- How measuring product affinity can pay off later
- Real-life success stories
Leveraging Customer Lifetime Value for Driving Strategic Decisions
- What the fuss about Customer Lifetime Value is all about
- How do you estimate it?
- Improve your decision-making using Customer Lifetime Value
- Using Lifetime Value principles to make budget justifications for new programs
- How to apply Customer Lifetime Value in your business and to make predictions
- Examples and applications
Putting It All Together
- Pick the right technique to solve specific business problems
- Find out how to best combine different analytic techniques for optimal results