The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Board of Directors has announced the election of four new Board members for 2013-2014. The terms of office commenced at DMA’s Annual Business Meeting, which took place at DMA2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
2013 DMA Officers
Matt Blumberg, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Return Path, Inc., was elected for a second term as Board Chairman.
- Vice Chairman: Glenn S. Eisen, Chief Marketing Officer, EchoStar Advanced Technologies
- Treasurer: Rick Erwin, President, Data Division, Experian Marketing Services
- Secretary: Dawn Zier, President, International, Reader’s Digest Association
Members of the DMA Board of Directors
Four new members were approved to join the Board. The new Board members are:
- Julie Bernard, Group Vice President, Customer Centricity, Direct Marketing and Loyalty, Macy’s
- Kristen O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, Time Warner Global Media Group
- Jay Schwedelson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Worldata.
- Jackie Wilgar, Executive Vice President, Marketing North America, Live Nation.
The incoming DMA Board members join the following current Board members:
(* denotes executive committee member)
- Bruce Biegel,* Managing Director, Winterberry Group, LLC
- JoAnne Monfradi Dunn,* President and CEO, Alliant
- Suresh Mathai,* Chief Executive Officer, ContinuumGlobal, Inc.
- Gian-Carlo Peressutti,* Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, RR Donnelley
- Beth Smith,* President, Smith Browning Direct, Inc.
- Linda A. Woolley,* Acting President and Chief Executive Officer, Direct Marketing Association
- Leslie Abi-Karam, Executive Vice President and President, Mailing Solutions Management, Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Victor N. Benson, Chief Executive Officer, Holsted Marketing, Inc.
- Kelly B. Browning, Executive Vice President and COO, American Institute for Cancer Research
- G. Steven Dapper, Chairman and Founder, hawkeye
- Ken A. Dawson, President, Eleventy Marketing Group
- Buell G. Duncan III, Vice President Marketing, Software Group, IBM
- Brian Fetherstonhaugh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, OgilvyOne Worldwide
- Moses Foster, President and Chief Executive Officer, West Cary Group
- Bryan Kennedy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Epsilon
- Susan Loth, Chief Marketing Officer, Disabled American Veterans
- Don McKenzie, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sourcelink
- Pamela McHugh, President, Mintel Comperemedia
- John Papalia, President and Chief Executive Officer, Statlistics
- Charles Prescott, Principal, Prescott Report
- Donn Rappaport, Chairman, American List Counsel
- Nicholas P. Staheyeff, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, International, eBay International AG
- Tim Suther, Chief Marketing Officer, Acxiom
- Craig Wood, Chief Executive Officer, Clarity Group
- Joe Zawadzki, Chief Executive Officer, MediaMath
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the world’s largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing. Founded in 1917, DMA represents thousands of companies and nonprofit organizations that use and support data-driven marketing practices and techniques.
In 2012, marketers — commercial and nonprofit —will spend $168.5 billion on direct marketing, which accounts for 52.7 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures will generate approximately $2.05 trillion in incremental sales. In 2012, direct marketing accounts for 8.7 percent of total US gross domestic product and produces1.3 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 7.9 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.2 million US jobs.
# # #