Think STEM and STEAM are only for engineers and scientists?
According to a survey conducted by Chiefmartec, only 26% of today’s marketing technologists have an undergraduate degree in STEM.
In today’s data-dominated marketing universe, CMOs need their marketing teams to be strong in STEM and STEAM. Why?
Because as marketing and technology converge, STEM and STEAM skills are critical in almost every aspect of marketing. Think about your own brands. In what areas do you think STEM and STEAM skills can disrupt your business?
- New product development
- Organic product enhancements
- Marketing research
- Customer relationship enhancements
- User experience design
- Making sense of data
- Insight development
- Unstructured data synthesis
- Media spend and attribution
- AI and AR development
- Process development
- Efficiency improvements
- Cost control and profitability
- Retail design
- The synthesis of data and creative
- User-influenced design
- Campaign heuristics
- Trend identification and application
- Multivariate testing
- Statistical analysis
- Business intelligence
- Metric projections
- Media/campaign optimization
So, the next time you think about STEM or STEAM – think about Marketing, and the impact it can have on your own brands.
- Naveen Rajdev, CMO of Wipro talks about using data to “tomorrowcast”
- Alan Schulman, Chief Content Officer at Deloitte Digital talks about the intersection of data and creativity
- Tom Benton, CEO of Data & Marketing Association talks about STEM and STEAM in marketing today
- Neil O’Keefe talks about the connection between data and AI