The DMA Nonprofit Federation recognizes outstanding achievement in the nonprofit sector with two annual awards, one for individual achievement and one for organizational excellence. Nominations are reviewed by the Federation’s Awards Committee and a recommendation is made to the Advisory Council for final approval.
The Max Hart Nonprofit Achievement Award, presented annually at the Washington Nonprofit Conference, recognizes outstanding career accomplishments by a fundraising professional. The recipient is determined based on the following criteria:
- is a professional fundraiser with either a nonprofit organization or a service provider
- is a respected authority on direct marketing fundraising practices
- has demonstrated achievement, innovation, and leadership in the direct marketing community throughout his or her career
- serves as a source of inspiration and encouragement to others by exemplifying the highest standards in his or her work
- is committed to the professional development of others through shared knowledge and mentorship