Learn to target beyond simple demographics and segments to gain a clearer picture of your customers and their attitudes on a significantly deeper level – and, in doing so, improve your marketing strategy and increase ROI.
Customer Insights is a new discipline borne from the ability to access better, higher quality data at much faster speeds. In this self-paced online certificate program, you will learn the trends that have brought us to customer insights, the definitions and the value of this approach, and how customer insights enables you to go beyond marketing to create a full customer view throughout the customer’s entire life cycle.
Join expert Matt Bailey as he explains the customer database, the importance of – and how to measure – customer value and loyalty, how to effectively leverage customer personas into a successful segmentation campaign, and how to overcome potential pitfalls and roadblocks to implementing an effective customer insights program at your company. Case Studies from Amazon, Teavana, TruGreen and others are used to illustrate exactly how other companies have undertaken their own customer insights programs with incredible results.
The modular coursework for this Certificate includes developing skills in areas such as:
Understanding Customer Insights
- Macro trends defining the landscape
- Data sources for customer insights
- The financial impact of customer attitudes on your business
- Customer value
- Needs-based segments
- Tools and metrics used in determining customer insights
The Customer Database
- Organizational roadblocks to proper data management
- The impact of ‘bad data’
- Data collection methods
- Key sources of data for customer insights
- Checklist for customer insights success
Customer Value & Loyalty
- Calculating Lifetime Customer Value (LCV)
- The customer migration trend
- Loyalty programs and the value of customer loyalty
- Net Promotor Score (NPS)
- Developing B2B and B2C buyer profiles / personas
- Developing a needs-based framework
- Dispelling common myths about the customer
- How to use psychographics to identify customer attitudes, values and lifestyle
- The lifestyle classification model
Customer Journey Mapping
- Steps to creating an effective customer journey map
- Evaluating specific stages in the journey
- Brainstorming new behaviors and processes
- Determining the financial impact of changing a customer’s “moment of influence”
- Redesigning the customer journey
Implementing Customer Insights
- The 5 “moments of truth” in the customer journey
- Using customer insights to influence a 360 degree marketing plan
- Selecting a technology partner
- Building your RFP
- Changing the company culture
*Recommended Pre-certificate Coursework
DMA recommends completing the series on Using Data to Know Your Customer: CRM & Attribution before taking the Customer Insights Certificate. The knowledge contained in that program is fundamental to the material in this certificate program. You may have equivalent knowledge through your professional experience, and if so may not need the pre-certificate coursework. Be sure to review the program description to ensure your experience aligns with the base of knowledge required.
DMA Certificate modules are designed and led by nationally-recognized experts, ensuring that your learning experience is of the highest caliber.
DMA Certificate & Certification programs set you ahead of the pack and get you one step closer to your professional goals. Just imagine the pride you’ll feel when you receive your DMA Customer Insights Certificate.
Register today, and you’ll be on your way to being recognized in your department, company, and throughout your industry as an educated, serious professional … a person who works hard to stay current … one who will always do the best job possible … a leader ready at any time to take on new challenges.