The process for submitting an article for Analytics Journal publication:
1. An ABSTRACT of your article should be submitted as an MS Word file attachment and/or in an email by the date indicated below to Leo Kluger email@example.com or DMACommunities@thedma.org.
2. Once you receive approval, a draft copy of the article (See #3) must be submitted without letterhead graphics as an MS Word file attachment in an email to Leo Kluger firstname.lastname@example.org or DMACommunities@thedma.org.
3. The draft article should be up to approximately 4500 words long (less is okay) and include the following sections:
- List of author names and their associated companies/institutions
- Short abstract
- Main body of the article in one or more sections
- Optional acknowledgement section
- References (also optional)
- Short author(s) bios, headshot optional which may include an contact email and company url.
4. Please direct the article to an analytic practitioner audience — the analysts, data scientists, analytic managers and their executives who work in or lead Market Intelligence / Market Insight departments, actually producing and socializing data-based analyses and business intelligence.
5. The reference section, if needed, should follow this format
- A citation page. Citations should appear as numerals in superscripts in the proposal abstract body, and then be listed individually on a separate citation page. The format of a citation depends on its source.
If the source is a book, the format should be: author names (last name followed by a comma and a first initial, with authors separated by commas), title of the book cited in double quotes, edition number (if not the first edition), page number or page range, publisher, and the year of publication in parentheses. An example is: Cody, R. and Smith, J., “Applied Statistics and the SAS Programming Language,” 5th ed., pg. 183-196, Pearson Prentice Hall, (2006).
If the source is a journal article, the format is: author names (last name followed by a comma and a first initial, with authors separated by commas), title of the article cited in double quotes, journal name (in italic type), volume/issue number, page number or page range, and the year of publication in parentheses. An example is: Rubin, D. “Inference and Missing Data,” Biometrika, Vol. 63, No. 3, 581-592, (1976).
- Footnotes should be avoided.
- Important: All graphs, charts, and photos should be clearly labeled with READABLE point size, double proofed for errors, and embedded in the Word document as well as submitted in separate attachments in appropriate file formats. For example, photos can be submitted as jpg file attachments and charts in Excel files, etc.
6. Article drafts will be reviewed and edited by the Journal Editors and sent back to authors to review, and make changes for final approval. DMA will then forward final approved articles to a professional proofreader to review and make any necessary edits.
7. A license and release form will be sent to authors with the edited draft. By signing and returning the signed form to DMA, the author represents and warrants, among other things, to the Association that the work is the author’s own original work; that the author is the sole owner of the work and all of the rights herein granted; that the author has the full right and power to make this release and license; and that the work does not violate any copyright, proprietary, intellectual property or personal rights of others.
8. Deadlines for the 2019 Journal:
||August 10, 2018
||Announced week of September 24, 2018
|Articles Due (first draft)
||October 26, 2018
|Revisions Back to Authors
||By November 9, 2018
|Final Articles Due with artwork
||No later than December 23, 2018
||Expected February 2019
Thank you. Please contact Leo Kluger or DMACommunities@thedma.org with any questions.