FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 12, 2018
Contact: Mike Uehlein – email@example.com
Today, the Data and Marketing Association (DMA) announced the establishment of a new member-led group – The Council for Print in the Digital Age. The mission of the council is to advocate and educate for the evolution and leveraging of print and direct mail as key drivers of effective performance based marketing.
Leading the launch of the new council is DMA’s General Counsel Senny Boone and Senior Vice President, DMA Division, Neil O’Keefe, along with the following key DMA members and industry leaders:
- Debbie Roth – VP-Sales & Marketing, Japs-Olson Company
- Lois Brayfield – Owner & CEO, J. Schmid
- Debora Haskel – VP Marketing & Corporate Communications, IWCO Direct
- Adrian White Slagle – VP, Marketing & Supporter Experience, Operation Smile
- Mary Hennen – Chief Marketing Officer / VP Marketing & E-Commerce, The Tile Shop
- Jon Affatato – Director, Acquisition Direct Mail, AMEX
- Jaclyn Epstein – Director, Acquisition Marketing, Liberty Mutual
- Denis McSweeney – Director, Direct Mail Channel – Digital Strategy & Membership, AARP
“Print and direct mail have always been a key part of successful integrated marketing and fundraising campaigns,” said Senny Boone, DMA’s General Counsel and Executive Director of the DMA Nonprofit Federation. “The purpose of the Council is to promote creativity and effectiveness through these methods in innovative marketing campaigns as members look to the DMA for strategies and examples and advocacy.”
“Fueled by data-driven advances, direct mail marketing has become much more innovative and integrated with digital marketing,” said Neil O’Keefe, Senior Vice President, DMA Division. “Direct mail delivers outstanding return on investment for marketers across industry segments, and we look forward to creating educational resources as well as sharing industry-leading strategies and tactics with our members.”
The council is actively building out plans for a 2018 slate of programming to engage marketers and share industry best practices. At DMA’s &THEN, the premier global data and marketing event (Las Vegas, October 7-9), a full track of programming titled Print Innovation, Digital Integration has been planned to spotlight innovative strategies for driving customer connections through print marketing as part of an omnichannel engagement strategy. Current sessions include:
- Amplifying Print in the Digital Age – A panel of cross-sector industry leaders will share how they leverage print and direct mail in our digital age across multiple marketing platforms.
- The Power of Disruptive Creative – J.Schmid CEO Lois Brayfield will detail the five basic human truths that will change the way you think about your messaging and the three components of disruptive creative.
The Council looks forward to launching new initiatives aimed at providing significant value and benefits to DMA members in 2018 and beyond. Additional plans for whitepapers, webinars and roundtable events will be announced in the coming months.
About DMA (www.thedma.org): Founded in 1917 and driving the data and marketing agenda for a full century, the Data & Marketing Association (“DMA”) champions deeper consumer engagement and business value through the innovative and responsible use of data-driven marketing. DMA’s brand-leading membership is made up of over 1,400 organizations that are today’s innovative tech and data firms, marketers, agencies, service providers and media companies. By representing the entire marketing ecosystem—demand side and supply side—and engaging more than 100,000 industry professionals annually, DMA is uniquely positioned to convene and guide the industry to bring win/win solutions to the market and ensure that innovative and disruptive marketing technology and techniques can be quickly applied for ROI.
DMA advances the data-driven marketing industry and serves its members through four principal pillars of leadership: advocating for marketers’ ability to responsibly gather and refine detailed data to identify and fulfill customer needs and interests; innovating to bring solutions forward to the data & marketing ecosystem’s most vexing challenges; educating today’s members of the data & marketing ecosystem to grow and lead marketing organizations in the ever-increasing omnichannel world; and connecting industry participants to stay current, learn best practices and gain access to emerging solutions through &THEN – the largest global event for data-driven marketing – and DMA’s portfolio of other live events.