New York, NY, April 4, 2013 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), in conjunction with Econsultancy, ushers in a new era of integrated marketing, the “Power of Pi” at Integrated Marketing Week — an era that represents marketers who are both analytical and creative, yet have a breadth of knowledge that spreads across branding, storytelling, and experiential marketing. The highlight of the story will be illustrated through the stories of leading marketing gurus from Macy’s, Google, Squidoo.com, and Buzzfeed.
The conference, which will take place June 10-13 in New York City, is enriched with expert content from strategic partner Target Marketing Magazine, an authoritative source direct marketers turn to for hands-on, how-to information. In addition, IMW’s affiliate partnership with the MultiScreen Summit (MSS) will provide IMW2013 attendees with access to MSS’ exhibit floor and will share the Locknote on Tuesday, June 11. The MSS show will address innovation around the mobile space between the connected screens.
“There has never been an event like this,” said Paul McDonnough, DMA’s Vice President of Conference and Events. “IMW is an intensive learning, networking, and training experience — and we are thrilled to be presenting such an amazing lineup of the world’s leading integrated marketers and thought leaders.”
For more information, and to register, visit http://www.imweek.org.
IMW KEYNOTE HIGHLIGHTS
Tuesday, June 11
- Seth Godin — Founder squidoo.com, and author of V is for Vulnerable, Life Outside the Comfort Zone
- Tom Fishburne — Marketoonist and Founder, Marketoon Studios
Wednesday, June 12
- Martine Reardon — CMO, Macy’s
- Brian Solis — Principal, Altimeter Group, author WTF-What’s the Future of Business
Thursday, June 13
- Stephen Arthur — Head of Industry, Retail, Google
- Linda A. Woolley, President and CEO, Direct Marketing Association
- Futurist Keynote Panel: This dynamic panel discussion will focus on the future of cross-channel marketing. Find out what these visionaries foresee as the new era of marketing.
- Stuart Elliott, Advertising Columnist, The New York Times
- Jon Steinberg — President and CEO, BuzzFeed
- Brian Fetherstonaugh — Chairman and CEO, OgilvyOne
- Additional executives to be added
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (http://www.thedma.org) is the world’s largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing. Founded in 1917, DMA represents thousands of companies and nonprofit organizations that use and support data-driven marketing practices and techniques.
In 2012, marketers — commercial and nonprofit — spent $168.5 billion on direct marketing, which accounts for 52.7 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures generated approximately $2.05 trillion in incremental sales. In 2012, direct marketing accounted for 8.7 percent of total US gross domestic product and produces1.3 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 7.9 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.2 million US jobs.
# # #