(and where you need to be Oct. 16-18 for &THEN)
If you and your organization have anything to do with creativity, LA should be on your destination list. Now. Today. And certainly October 16-18 when &THEN, DMA’s live event and conference, takes the stage in Los Angeles.
In just the last month, the 2016 Otis Report on the Creative Economy revealed that the Los Angeles region is home to over 418,000 creative industry jobs, making it the largest number of any metro area in the U.S. It also has the largest concentration of creative jobs at 8.4%, surpassing the New York City area (402,000) and other large metro areas around the country.
What does that mean? This. That more mad men and creatives, more curators and disruptors, more data analysts, artists and authors of marketing work in LA than anywhere in the US, and quite likely the world. It’s a veritable 24/7 feast for martech and adtech juggernauts, delivering on Sir Martin Sorrell’s (WPP Group) insights about creativity in the age of “maths men”.
Imagine being surrounded by all that creative energy. Imagine &THEN 2016. DMA is already tapping into the creative economy of LA to feature its best and brightest in technology, marketing, entertainment, gaming and more for sessions, exhibits and &THEN Experience Zone presentations.
Here’s what you can expect when you attend &THEN in LA this October:
Tech’s Newest Startup Capital:
- LA is putting the tech and startup squeeze on Silicon Valley. Leading companies like Facebook are taking note, as the social giant will be expanding soon to a 35,000 square feet campus in LA’s Playa Vista neighborhood.
- LA’s Silicon Beach is one of the newest and most impressive startup scenes in martech and adtech, and recently became the third-largest tech hub in the world.
- Global VC investor 500 Startups – an early-stage seed fund and accelerator program founded by PayPal and Google alumni and arguably one of the most impressive VC funds globally – has set its sights on LA and just launched its signature Distro Dojo (growth marketing) program in LA, coming right after launches in Kuala Lumpur and London.
- The tech growth in Silicon Beach and Downtown LA (DTLA) has been spurred along by LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, who recorded a welcome message for &THEN attendees earlier this year.
- DMA will be bringing LA’s martech and adtech startup scene to our 2016 HOT ZONE start up competition at &THEN!
The Creative Economy’s Epi-center (stats from the 2016 Creative Economy Report):
- Five major broadcast networks have studio operations in LA where such well known programs as Dancing with the Stars, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Late Late Show with James Corden, American Idol, and Jeopardy! are taped along with dozens of other network and syndicated shows and specials.
- International film distribution is also a growing sector of the entertainment industry in L.A. County, with major partnerships being developed between local media companies and organizations like China Film Promotion International.
- Every major recording industry studio has a major presence in LA, along with a legion of independent labels.
- New media including video games, web development and other interactive technologies are emerging as an important, high-growth area of LA’s creative economy scene.
- LA’s top three creative employers are three of the most innovative in marketing – entertainment, fashion and publishing.
A Steady Stream of Exceptionally Creative Content Delivered by LA’s Most Creative Brands
- Find out how LA-based Farmers Insurance tapped Academy Award-winning actor J. K. Simmons to inject humor into the $6 Billion insurance industry – and grow market share.
- Learn how Live Nation, LA’s live entertainment ticketing leader, is extracting insight from trending data and purchase data to create a predictive behavioral tool that yields extremely personal customer journeys
- See how LA’s frozen yogurt franchise king – Menchie’s, is heating up sales by leveraging celebrity cache from Paris Hilton, Selena Gomez, Justin Beiber – and more, to become the fastest growing fast casual in the US, Canada – and the world.
- Menchie’s is also the largest self-service frozen yogurt franchise and one of the Top 25 retail franchises in the world. Founded in LA by a husband and wife team, it has quickly become a global success story, thanks, largely, to its laser-focus on providing exceptional customer experiences. Understanding the customer is a vital part of Menchie’s strategy, and so staying on top of consumer trends is paramount to its success. At &THEN, Menchie’s will present 7 of the most prescient consumer trends and share the best practices they have developed to apply them to their own marketing initiatives so that they can achieve their mission: we make you smile.
- And these are only a few of the creative LA brands presenting their marketing insights at &THEN in LA!
L.A. Live – Destination Central for &THEN
- The L.A. Live complex is fueling DTLA’s amazing resurgence. From state of the art business centers to vibrant sports and entertainment venues as well as destination restaurants, music venues, and more, L.A. Live is the U.S.’s most innovative urban revival and an example that cities around the globe are modeling.
- The complex has revitalized the downtown LA area, formerly known for traffic snarls, now home to a walkable mix of hotel and entertainment options. “New York-like in its density and mishmash, the long-blighted center has become an accessible, pedestrian-friendly destination in recent years,” wrote New York Times reporter Chris Colin in his “36 Hours” column.
- LA’s top tech companies are flocking to the cool and relatively cheap neighborhood. “Provocative online-offline retailer Nasty Gal, style website DailyLook and luxury fashion start-up StyleSaint are just a few of the brands that bolstered downtown L.A.’s visibility as a viable tech community,” said Los Angeles Times reporter Andrea Chang.
- Another famous spot in the L.A Live area is the Staples Center – home of the Grammy Awards and two top sports franchises – the LA Lakers basketball team and the LA Kings ice hockey team.
- &THEN is taking place in the heart of L.A. Live so you can experience the best of this urban innovation center!
This confluence of tech innovation, creative energy, piercingly-sharp data analytics and a vibrant downtown are coming together to make &THEN an essential event for today’s data-driven marketers.
Tap into the creative economy fueling the LA scene – for your own business or brand … register NOW!