To get big results in any market climate, you must understand consumer psychology and what really drives choices and loyalty, consciously and unconsciously. Marketing without psychological relevance falls short every time. This course is designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of human psychology that have a big impact on response to marketing and purchasing behavior.
The sessions will share insights about consumer psychology that drives behavior, what gets attention from the unconscious mind, what inspires our conscious behavior, and how to develop data-driven marketing campaigns that create engagement, loyalty, and brand passion. Participants will discover how the unconscious mind drives attitudes toward brands and their messages, and how to appeal to the psychological triggers of choice. Even experienced marketers will be surprised to learn how color, words, images, and other creative elements impact attitudes toward brands, engagement, and results.
Beyond learning critical psychological fundamentals and theories upon which successful campaigns are built, participants will learn how to develop a top-level strategic emotional marketing program utilizing these insights. The course will supplemented by opportunities for participants to have hands-on practice in the application of these insights to these personal business cases. Upon enrollment for the course, an application for this free strategy component will be provided. Participants may submit their brand as the case study to be developed. The selected brand will be chosen by course instructors prior to the event based upon summaries submitted in advance.
- How our brain works and what that does to drive human behavior
- The conscious and unconscious triggers in your customers’ minds
- Leveraging the customer mindset to impact your business
- Customer journey mapping and how to create a customer persona that makes a difference
- Understanding the role of brand and product/service from the customers’ perspective
- The importance of evocative storytelling for your brand
- Selling from an emotional perspective
- Understanding the impact on your own business of emotional storytelling (Using the Psychology Marketer’s Checklist)
- How to leverage emotion and empathy to build brand trust and customer loyalty