Which platforms are the most relevant for your company?
- Pinterest may be useful for retailers in reaching new buyers at the top of the sales funnel whereas Facebook and Twitter can be far more effective in reaching high-value customers.
No longer a one-way means of communication for organizations to promote their message.
- Social networks provide the opportunity to start a conversation with your consumers and deliver the right message to the right individual.
Tremendous changes and growth in 2016
- Platforms altered their algorithmic models to better suit their users’ interests.
Many companies reported brand awareness as their top desirable outcome from their social media campaign.
- Building brand awareness today requires more than promotional ads.
- The responsibility is on brands to…
- Find the right audience
- Personalize offers
- Deliver relevant content
Brands must rely on data first
- While social media allows advertisers to segment their audience and target specific consumers, brands are responsible to obtain the right data first, so they can build the profile of their potential prospects.
- The ubiquity of social media opens more doors to deliver ads directly to the prospect; however, it also increases the viewer’s selectivity. If the offer or content is not relevant, it will get disregarded and the brand would have wasted its resources in delivering it to the wrong individual. Invest your resources to the right audience.
- Data is the key to personalization.
- Learn who the target audience is in each social channel and the type of message that will trigger engagement.
- Sprout Social reported that around 41% of people would unfollow a brand on social media if they were receiving irrelevant content.
- 46% would unfollow if they got too many promotional messages.