FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Mike Uehlein – email@example.com
Semi-Finalists Announced for DMA’s HOT ZONE Startup Competition in Los Angeles, Oct. 16-18
October 3, 2016 – Connecting today’s data and marketing leaders with innovative, early-stage martech and adtech startups, DMA has announced the 15 finalists advancing to its HOT ZONE national competition at &THEN, DMA’s live conference in Los Angeles, October 16-18. These early-stage adtech and martech companies will present their disruptive solutions directly to thousands of data-driven marketers, publishers, agencies and information services companies to &THEN attendees. Five finalists will be selected on Monday, Oct. 17 to pitch-off on Tuesday, Oct. 18 before a panel of industry executives and &THEN attendees. Winners will receive guaranteed pilots with leading brands and an inside track to new business contracts.
“Today’s digital media startups are bringing powerful solutions that can solve some of marketers’ most vexing challenges,” said David Kohl, Program Curator for the HOT ZONE and CEO of Morgan Digital Ventures. “We’re putting 15 innovative companies in front of &THEN attendees, all in the same place at the same time. The thousands of marketers attending &THEN will get exposure to a group of companies that have been hand-picked for their innovative solutions to marketers’ burning needs.”
The 15 startups advancing to the HOT ZONE competition in Los Angeles and their solutions are:
- AdMass | Matches brands with the perfect influencer to reach their target audience and matches influencers with the perfect brands that fit their interests, style and voice. | http://admassinc.com
- AmpLive | Places live video content in front of the right people on mobile, CTV, desktop, and tablets. | http://amplive.us
- Circulate | Helps publishers, networks and SDK providers maximize their first-party data monetization strategies with one simple integration. | http://circulate.com
- Cordial | Works with companies to help them build scalable marketing programs that are relevant, timely and device optimized. | http://cordial.io
- Enplug | Turns any digital display into a web driven, interactive display. | http://enplug.com
- Eventable | Enables brands to engage their audience via the calendar by integrating events directly into consumers’ schedules. | http://eventable.com
- Faraday | Combines CRM data with a national database of household-level attributes to deliver visualizations, analytics and omnichannel predictive microtargeting. | http://faraday.io
- HYPR | Provides real-time audience demographic, psychographic and geographic data on over 9 million influencers. | http://hyprbrands.com
- Linkstorm | Enhances online advertising, e-commerce and online publishing by overlaying cascading menus onto hyperlinks or ad units, enabling customers to navigate to relevant information. | http://www.linkstorm.net
- NeoReach | Enables brands to search, manage, and track influencer marketing. | http://neoreach.com
- Parsec | Leverages first- and third-party data to place cost-per-second ads in a politely interruptive format. | http://parsec.media
- Rockerbox | Builds brand awareness and acquire new customers by marketing against a user’s recent behaviors. | http://rockerbox.com
- Stanza | Shares upcoming dates & events with users by targeting in and around events on users’ calendars. | http://stanza.co
- Twine | Works with app publishers to safely generate an incremental revenue stream while delivering mobile marketers high quality mobile data that boosts campaign ROI. | http://twinedata.com
- Wrapify | Pays everyday consumer drivers to advertise on their car and provides advertisers with live data analytics including impressions and geographic reach. | http://wrapify.com
On Sunday, Oct. 16 and Monday, Oct. 17, the startups will exhibit and interact with &THEN attendees. Concurrently and using the &THEN Mobile App, attendees will vote on their top choices to advance to the Battleground Competition, where five finalists will be selected during &THEN to advance to DMA’s version of the “Shark Tank” and deliver a live, on-stage pitch in the Battleground Competition, Tuesday, Oct. 18. The Battleground Competition judges are:
- Allison Metcalfe – VP of Customer Success, LiveRamp
- Melissa Yang – Global Data and Audience Partnerships, Facebook
- Cory Treffiletti – Vice President of Marketing and Partner Solutions, Oracle Data Cloud
- Alan Izenman – CEO, Involved Media
DMA’s HOT ZONE competition is an initiative of DMA’s Structured Innovation Program, which accelerates innovative marketing techniques and reduces friction between business partners in order to raise-the-bar for the benefit of the entire industry.
About &THEN, The DMA Annual Event:
&THEN, the reinvented DMA annual event, is the largest global event that unites the marketing community – the people who think, plan and do what it takes to succeed. &THEN takes place in Los Angeles, CA at the L.A. Live complex from October 16-18, 2016.
About DMA (www.thedma.org): Founded in 1917, DMA is the community that champions deeper consumer engagement and business value through the innovative and responsible use of data-driven marketing. DMA’s membership is made up of today’s leading tech and data innovators, brand marketers, agencies, service providers and media companies. By representing the entire marketing ecosystem – from demand side to supply side – DMA is uniquely positioned to bring win/win solutions to the market and ensure that innovative and disruptive marketing technology and techniques can be quickly applied for ROI.
DMA advances the data-driven marketing industry and serves its members through four principal pillars of leadership: advocating for marketers’ ability to responsibly gather and refine detailed data; innovating to bring solutions forward for marketers’ most vexing challenges; educating today’s marketers to grow and lead marketing organizations in the ever-increasing omnichannel world; and connecting industry participants to stay current, learn best practices and gain access to emerging solutions through &THEN – the largest global event for data-driven marketing – and DMA’s portfolio of other live events.