What types of marketing are covered?
Postal, email and Interest-based advertising (IBA)
If you answer yes to any of the questions below then you are covered under GDPR:
- Do you process or “control” EU residents’ personal data?
- Do you offer goods or services in EU? (It is not a requirement for you to collect money directly from EU individuals to qualify.)
- Do you monitor the behavior of EU residents?
- Monitoring behavior can include online tracking methods from apps and websites.
- Increase in territorial scope — regardless of the company’s location, any company processing EU residents’, consumers’, businesses’ or employees’ data (anyone physically residing in the EU or any data collected or processed in the EU) falls under GDPR. Non-EU businesses processing the data of EU citizens will also have to appoint a representative in the EU.
- Liability for due diligence covers both data controllers and processors.
For additional information on the provisions, enforcement and resources, please log in below.